Forget views from the Eiffel Tower. (You can't see the famous iron structure from THAT view--and you know that's what you want!) Here are five places to catch great views of Paris, most of them for free.
1) Printemps. Trek to the cafe terrace on the 9th floor of the Beauté/Maison building of this department store and get ready to squeal like a little tiny baby girl. HOLY COW. (I mean, HOLY VACHE.) This is hands-down my favorite view. I recommend going on a stormy day. Because take a look at the above pano my iPhone took just before a storm a week or so ago. Beyond. 64 bd Haussmann, 75009
2) Parc de Belleville. Go at sunset (duh, but still). At the top of the park is both a cool-looking boulangerie (I didn't stop in, but it smelled gorgeous) and a great cafe/bar where you can grab a drink and a bite for a decent price. So dreamy in the spring! 47 rue des Couronnes, 75011
3) Panthéon. Not the most dramatic view of the city, but it somehow makes you feel a little king-of-the-world-ish. Place du Panthéon, 75005
4) Centre Pompidou. I keep reading how beautiful the view is from the 5th floor of this modern-art museum. My girl Zovig is currently in town visiting, and she confirmed it for me after she spent a last-minute evening there. (It's sometimes open as late at 11pm.) On the must-do list! Place Georges-Pompidou, 75004
5) Le Parc de Saint Cloud. If you're feeling adventurous, hop a train and hit this park for a sprawling view from just outside the city. Bonus: tons of tree-lined paths and rolling meadows peppered with fountains and fancy regal architecture. Your Instagram followers will totally heart you for it. 92210 Saint-Cloud
The Paris Plan - Achieved Today: Rule #2. (I like this rule, y'all.)